With extensive industry background, I am interested in both fundamental and applied research in engineered wood products (EWPs) and bamboo utilization technology (BUT). My current research areas include:
– Modeling and innovative manufacturing of EWPs;
– Development of engineered bamboo products for sustainable infrastructure applications;
– Natural fiber composites for bio-packaging;
– Improvement of veneer and strand-based composites manufacturing; and
– Enhanced properties of wood and bamboo products.
Current Graduate Students
Post Doctoral Fellows and Research Assistants
WOOD487 Wood Composites Sections
Physical, chemical and mechanical variables involved in adhesive bonding of composite wood products; characteristics of adhesives; plywood, composite wood panels, hardboard, medium density fibreboard, laminated wood and engineered lumber composites manufacturing processes; important physical and chemical properties of products.
One fine body…