Dr. Guangyu Wang’s research interests include sustainable forest management and integrated watershed management, specifically using computer modelling applications. He has completed several research projects on watershed-scale forest restoration and sustainable development projects, wherein he used system dynamic approaches, bioregional assessments and geographic information systems techniques to analyze the mechanisms of ecosystem degradation and model broad land use management. One of his major research focuses involves examining Chinese forest management practices, where he has been able to develop novel management plans and sustainable management models for Chinese forests. Furthermore, Dr. Wang is currently involved in serval researches related to climate change, forest adaptation and carbon market mechanism.
As a previous business professional, Dr. Wang is also interested in the strategic planning and financial management of natural resources, in addition to the public perception and implementation efficiency of land use change policies.
- Wang, G.Y. (2016, September 2). Grizzly Bears Institute: How will the barriers of higher education be broken down? Canada News (in Chinese). Retrieved from: http://oicwx.com/detail/1319860
- Wang, G.Y. (2014, November, 2). UBC Urban Forestry program. Canadian City Post (in Chinese). Retrieved from: http://www.ccue.ca/ccp_west/pdf/pdf/2014-11-28/cp0433-141.pdf
- Wang, G.Y. (2012, November, 16). Bridging the cooperation in forestry between Canada and China. The Fortune World (in Chinese). Retrieved from: http://www.myfortuneworld.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=9&id=188
- Wang, G.Y., Guangping Miao, and Jack Saddler. (2011, July, 27). Is investing in forestry in China an opportunity or risk? The Vancouver Sun. Retrieved from: http://search.proquest.com/docview/879848973?pq-origsite=summon&accountid=14656
- Wang, G.Y. (2011, April, 13). Bridging the cooperation in forestry between Canada and China. GCPNews (in Chinese). Retrieved from: http://oldgcp.gcpnews.com/articles/2011-04-13/C1065_64565.html
- Wang, G.Y. (2010, May, 4). Delegation from Chinese Forestry visited Vancouver to develop academic and business cooperation in forestry between Canada and China. Sing Tao Daily (in Chinese). Retrieved from: http://news.singtao.ca/vancouver/2010-05-04/community1272969190d2467744.html
- Wang, G.Y. (2008, January, 09). Chinese forest-management practices see dramatic change. Vancouver Sun. Retrieved from: http://forestpress.hu/en/index.php/news/1463-chinese-forest-management-practices-see-dramatic-change-vancouver-sun
- Wang, G.Y., and Neuvonen, Jorma. (2009, December, 25). Export logs to China will be a good way to explore Chinese wood market. Sing Tao Daily (in Chinese). Retrieved from: http://news.singtao.ca/vancouver/2009-12-25/province1261740041d2226229.html
- Wang G. Y. (2008, July, 30). Canada’s forestry industry is missing the boat on China. View Points. Retrieved from: http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/features/viewpoints/story.html?id=94118b52-e5af-4463-891b-67d3df495774